Dennis Moore

I am a multi-media artist who primarily works in drawing, painting, collage, and video art. Currently I am focused on large scale paintings using strong elements of abstraction, pattern, color and figuration. I want the observer to experience a tangible expression of raw creative energy and in that sense my work relates to those movements in art that value direct expression such as tribal/indigenous art, outsider art, and children’s art. In seeming contradiction to this love of the raw is the simultaneous embrace of comic book art, illustrations of all types, religious art and the paintings of the old masters. My subjects include strange beings and misfits that populate street scenes and inhabit a wide variety of liminal zones. This multitude of imagined forms is mirrored in a myriad of abstract and organic forms and together they combine and separate as one becomes the other in my work. My hope is that this artwork can be appreciated regardless of the cultural background of the viewer and that one comes away with a feeling of mystery and a hint of the inexpressible.

vioxxfact.wixsite.com/seniordemonart
@senior_demon

Locus, 2018, graphite, gouache, ink, and watercolor on paper, 40 × 75 inches
Pathos Persona, 2019, graphite, gouache, ink, and watercolor on paper, 28 × 38 inches
Atomic Darkness, 2021, acrylic on canvas, 48 × 60 inches
Bodhisattva, 2021, acrylic on canvas, 48 × 60 inches
Masks of Consciousness, 2021, acrylic on canvas, 36 × 36 inches
Streets of Consciousness, 2020, acrylic on canvas, 48 × 60 inches
Labyrinth of the Minotaur, 2021, acrylic and oil on canvas, 36 × 48 inches
Psychopath, 2020, acrylic on canvas, 48 × 60 inches
Rebirth, 2020, acrylic on canvas, 48 × 60 inches
Demonic Execution, 2021, acrylic on canvas, 36 × 48 inches