Kate Harrell

Ȋ̶̛͉͎̭̖̘̣͈͙͉͋́͐̕S̵͍̐̈́Ȏ̷̪̂͑͜͝͝L̶̢̡̰̘̙̳̻̮̻̃̐̊A̶̛͈̪͖̘͖̬͓͐Ț̸̛̘̥̩̞̟̉̏͠I̵̡̡̬͈̥̩̻͔̕̕O̸̧̙̻̐̎͐̑͌͝N̵̥̣͙͍͔̉́̍̌̓͗̇ ̷̷̧̛̺̱͎̗̲̟̻̰̦̘̟̿̽͆̔͊͛̾͝ ̶͔̜͈͙̣̤̫̄́S̵͍̐̈́T̴̗̻͙̏̅͋̑̈́̅̇̕ͅȖ̶̡̧̻̞̳̱̫̬͖́̓̽̌̕D̷̳͕̓͆̾͋̇̍̍̂̉͑Į̴͇̥̪̖̩̹̘͍͆̃̀̏̕͝͝E̵̡̛̗̞̻͓͂̈́Ṡ̶̺̬̣̙̇̄͠

My art is an extension of myself and my daily practices. I strive to produce works that represent functionality and modularity while simultaneously emphasizing the importance of curiosity and experimentation in art and in our society. I create digital art utilizing tools such as: video, sound, projection, lighting, and code based software. My professional background in the live events industry influences the work I produce along with my creative process and how I approach and troubleshoot different ideas. The innovation, creation, and growth within the live events and tech industry also influences my work. Both industries are constantly presenting new ideas and concepts to challenge us as individuals and artists of the future.

Isolation Studies is an archive of works I have created while remaining at home during the global pandemic. The pieces in this digital collection reflect back on the past year and the struggles I have been challenged with. Whether it be dealing with mood fluctuation, lack of social interaction, the need to be stimulated, or just my constant curiosity toward the world; this collection pushed me both physically and mentally to think outside the box and reconsider the way interaction is typically perceived, particularly between humans and digital devices.

VłɆ₩ ₮ⱧɆ ₵ØⱠⱠɆ₵₮łØ₦
kateharrell.com